has anyone seen this?
or fish it?
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentish_express/news/2009/october/27/fish_die.aspx

dont look to good.

Fatgit

United Kingdom
2591 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2009 :  23:43:25  Show Profile
same reason as the A.W.M.C dissolved oxygen levels crashed due to the unseasonally hot weather at the weekend thats what Keith said when i rang the office
Go to Top of Page

Barbus59

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2010 :  20:38:09  Show Profile
That's what I heard was the cause as well. Makes sense as all species went belly up not just carp.
I know from a member that over 1000 fish died at least, but then it was heavily overstocked as it was and a few months before this they introduced 1500+ small carp as well. I fished it end of August and you just couldn't blank. I suppose that's the idea!
Dave
Go to Top of Page

mickym

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  23:27:35  Show Profile
I fished Nicholls recently, 2 of us didnt get a bite all day and we didnt see a fish Top anywhere.

We spoke to a member who iv met several times who told us that at least 7-9000 fish were dragged out over a 2 week period, not too mention the fish which the Gulls took and those that didnt float to the surface straight after dying. He's fished it fairly regularly all year and has only landed 3 carp to 9lb and 2 eels.

A real shame as it was 1 of the best Pits to visit on a day ticket. No re-stocking has taken place yet apparently, but even when fish are put back, it could be years before it returns to its best. Hundreds of real big fish were lost.

MM

"I envy not him that eats better meat than i do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than i do: I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more Fish than i do"
Izaak Walton 1653
Go to Top of Page

carp-mad

United Kingdom
1085 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2011 :  10:52:42  Show Profile
Done a quick overnighter last night with a couple mates. Hadn't been there for about 5 years so didnt know what to expect. After talking to a regular and a bailiff re-stocking has been well underway but it's nothing like it used to be.

I managed 4 carp all between around 6-9lb i'm guessing all being new stock?? Lost one as well and also managed a bream around the 7lb mark which the bailiff was happy about as they thought that most of the bigger bream had been killed off.

It's been real quiet on the carp angler front so hardly any bait going in according to the bailiff...gave them a bit of bait and had those 4 pretty quickly. 3 of them were really pretty mirrors and if they pile on some weight over the next few years i'm sure the place would be heading back to normal.

Jay

Go to Top of Page

Barbus59

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2011 :  17:56:57  Show Profile
A friend of mine had a 30lb mirror recently and his friend a 29lb so not all died, both caught while eel fishing with pellets as bait. It should mean the remaining fish grow well.
Go to Top of Page

carp-mad

United Kingdom
1085 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  13:40:05  Show Profile
Yeah hopefully the smaller stuff grows on over the next couple years... Plenty of shrimps in there so a lack of anglers bait shouldnt be too much of a problem...

I did hear 'the italian' had died last year in the kill but that they have stocked a few 30's since? Dont know how true that is though...

Jay

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mid Kent Fisheries © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06

Solar Water Heating
- water supply pipe insurance - water testing - Gas Boiler Insurance - emergency water tanker